From the Middle/High School Principal

 

Reflecting and Goal Setting

On the final day of our semester, students will undertake a reflective exercise to think about their successes over the last few months and the challenges they faced. The form's content, which differs by division, is built around our Learning Habits (responsibility, engagements, collaboration) and the school's values. We will also be asking students to set goals for themselves next semester based on their responses.

When PowerSchool reopens on Wednesday afternoon, you will have access to these forms along with the reports and I encourage you to take time with your son or daughter to go through them. Often getting more than a 'fine', 'not bad', 'OK' from this age group can be challenging in such conversations but if you can persevere and dig deeper it will pay dividends.

I hope you have a restful and safe break. As mentioned in a recent letter, I have found it most heartening how all sections of our community have done their part to ensure continuous face to face learning with everyone's hard work meaning student experiences have not been significantly diminished during the pandemic. Our students are in a very good position compared with peers elsewhere and I am grateful to families, PTO and board members, teachers and support staff for setting the children up for success.



Comments