Getting outside
As I listen to the wind battering sleet into the side of my house, I am grateful I managed to get out earlier in the day. This week Ms Cusworth ran a mini house challenge in advisory that asked students and teachers to share the 'coolest' thing they had been able to do in the last few days. Some of the entries are shown below and I was delighted to see several students taking advantage of the cold but sunny weather to safely get outside, without venturing beyond their lockdown limits of course.
We are incredibly lucky to live in this part of the world. International schools typically exist in conurbations but in Aberdeen we have a decent sized city with beaches to the East, and hills to the West. The weather is improving and the days lengthening so I would encourage families to get outdoors. I know we are probably getting a little tired of the same walking and running routes but there will be unexpected things to notice as nature comes back to life and perhaps new paths to explore that we hadn't spotted previously when we found ourselves in such a rush.
On a separate note, I would like to flag up the MS/HS Principal's Coffee next Thursday 11th at 9am. A link will be put on the hub and though we won't have the usual presentations from students, we can give you a brief update on what is happening at middle and high school at the moment. Unfortunately you will need to provide your own coffee and croissants this time round.
Comments
Post a Comment