Winter Sun
This week I have been visiting an international school in Jordan for their CIS Preparatory Visit. I would like to say that I have been enjoying sunshine and temperatures of 25 degrees but sadly the only blue skies I can see are behind the staff, parents, leaders and students that join me in a packed schedule on Microsoft Teams.
I try to undertake an accreditation or preparatory visit each year as I find them to be invaluable professional learning opportunities and I am pleased that more of my colleagues at ISA are taking advantage of the opportunity to work with CIS. The four to five long days of evidence gathering, interviewing, analysing, reflection and writing are intense but I return to work with a renewed enthusiasm for international education and an insight into new approaches and perspectives. One of the other things I always take away when I assess the greenness of another school's grass is a continuing appreciation of what we have at ISA.
I hope the parent conferences have given you new perspectives on how to support your child and, like me, the students will come back from their long weekend refreshed and ready to finish the semester strongly.
Comments
Post a Comment