From the Middle/High School Principal

 Finishing Up

I have waited until Thursday evening to write this note as at times over the past year and a half I feel I have tempted fate with early announcements and planning. It looks like we are through our final week to the finish line though and can look forward to a long break before we start back in January. 

I was impressed by how maturely our Grade 9 cohort handled their first round of exams and I hope the experienced Grade 10 and 11 students have further honed their test taking technique with the recent papers. Developing strong revision habits will stand the students in good stead for external exams when they roll round and opportunities like this battery of internal exams should be taken seriously. It has been a more light hearted week in middle school with Thursday finishing in a fun set of house challenges and a real sense of pride coming through for their assigned houses, creating some healthy and friendly competition. Our final day sees more team building events within grade levels as well as some reflective activities. There will also be the big reveal of our new school mascot at the end of the virtual assembly. Friday is also a chance for us to say goodbye to our departing students and wish John Montgomery, Maud Awu and Chandra Gair, hugely valued members of our community, well for the future.

I hope you have a restful and safe break with family and friends.




Comments