Neurodiversity and Learner Variabilities - are you keeping up with the latest information?
Siena Castellon, the founder of neurodiversity celebration week has said, “I founded Neurodiversity Celebration Week in 2018 because I wanted to change the way learning differences are perceived. I wanted to change the narrative and create a balanced view which focuses equally on our talents and strengths.” Siena has autism, ADHD, dyslexia and dyspraxia.
For Parents: Understanding neurodiversity doesn’t have to be complicated. Take a look at some important parent resources here. The useful fact sheets are easy to use and they remind us that interventions can be both practical and restorative. The fact sheets include succinct recommendations for ADHD, autism, dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, and tourette's.
For Work: Respecting neurodiverse differences in our work place can allow for vital talent, which we all benefit from. Read some articles about this here (includes an article from Harvard Business Review about neurodiversity as a competitive advantage).
For Students: Just for fun, here are some comic books to help neurodiverse students discover their learning superpowers here.
I hope you enjoy learning more about neurodiversity, and that you are able to better appreciate and support a neurodiverse person in your home, work, or social environments.
Warm regards,
Valerie DeGraw

Comments
Post a Comment