Rest Up!
It was a busy week for everyone involved with the activities programme and reports from across the grade levels for both residential and local have been positive. We tried some new destinations and activities and there will be things for us to reflect on and develop for next year. Over all though I think students will look back with fond memories of the week. The weather didn't dampen spirits and I was impressed with how the students just put their waterproofs on and got on with things. Certainly there has been something of a buzz in the building this week as students share their stories and experiences.
For those travelling, it will have been a tiring week for both students and teachers. I saw first hand on the middle school residential the 24-7 nature of the care teachers were extending to students. Nights were regularly disturbed by talkative dorm-mates, homesick children or worries about a sore foot. Teachers then spent the duration of the day shadowing groups during activities and managing mealtimes. The break comes at a good time and will allow everyone to recharge their batteries.
A school I visited recently used the phrase 'revise and recharge'. I liked this idea. For those moving towards the business end of their education, as well as some deserved down time, the break can represent the chance to catch up, consolidate or clear their desk of any outstanding work. This will allow individuals to move forward confidently into the second half of the semester. A period that will see IGCSE mocks, semester exams and several IAs due for IB students.
Have a great break!
Image - lifepharmafze.com

Comments
Post a Comment