From the Middle/High School Principal

 Change of Seasons

For most international schools the term, 'change of seasons' isn't limited to weather and temperature shifts. Teachers and students recognise the additional link to sport. November is one such time where we see a shift in competitive focus at ISA from football and volleyball to basketball and swimming. Our athletes are travelling to a variety of locations in western Europe over the next fortnight and I am looking forward to hearing how all our teams fared. I am lucky to be travelling with both boys football teams this year. The competitions will be some of the lifelong memories these students graduate with and are incredibly powerful learning experiences developing resilience, sportsmanship and teamwork.

On the subject of changes this may be a good platform to share with parents that my current, 11th year at ISA will be my last. It is time for me to open a new chapter and take on some fresh challenges. The school looks very different in many ways to how it did when I joined in 2012 but one thing has been a constant; a genuine sense of community. Our engaged parent body is a real asset to the school and I am grateful for all your support and input over the years. For those of you concerned about biology classes, don't worry, Nancy and the kids will stay on at the school. I will still be around, but as a dad rather than a principal.




Comments