From the Middle/High School Principal

 

Reviewing and Reflecting

I hope the musical performances over the past couple of weeks have put you in the mood for an enjoyable break with family and friends. The ‘12 Days’ song was an established tradition at our final assembly and is a fun way to round off the semester. After lockdowns and mitigations I am looking forward to hearing it again. When all our MS and HS students and teachers are in the Queen Elizabeth Theatre we fill the venue. There are usually a handful of seats left though with absences and I hope any parents joining us on Friday for that assembly at 10am will be in good voice!



I was impressed by our high school students' resolve to make it in for their end of semester exams on a snowy Thursday and we have been able to stay on schedule thanks to those efforts. The therapy dogs they met at the start of the week were a good wellbeing boost ahead of these assessments. Our grade 8 students have been thinking about career interests with Ms Barker and the middle school student council raised money for Save the Children with a Christmas Jumper day. Grade 6 are currently enjoying a ‘staycation’ events day and next Thursday afternoon all of middle school will have house challenges. The penultimate day of the semester (Thursday 15th) for everyone at middle/high school will follow a Friday schedule. This allows our test takers to get meaningful feedback ahead of the break.



PowerSchool re-opens as the semester finishes and reports will be shared electronically through that system. Students have also completed a reflection (in the Ecollect section) and looked ahead to what they hope to develop next semester. It will be worth discussing these documents with them. Do remember there is a lot more information stored within PowerSchool regarding academic progress that you can access and I would encourage you to log in and explore the system. To access reports you will need to be using a web browser rather than the app.



I look forward to welcoming back the students on January 9th and wish you a pleasant and safe holiday.



Image - dreamstime.com




Comments