Feedback from the IB Conference
I was privileged to attend the IB Global and Heads conference last week with Nick Little, in the beautiful city of Dublin. The conference centred around the theme of ‘Education for an inclusive future’ and offered a comprehensive insight into the IB’s long-term goals and vision for the future.
During the various sessions, the IB outlined its ambitious goals to be reached by the year 2030, setting a clear course for transformative change. These include ‘planning for subtraction’ which aims to simplify and streamline subjects, committing to becoming carbon neutral, implementing digital assessment for the IB May exams, addressing issues around Artificial Intelligence (AI)I, the expansion of ‘open book’ assessments, and fostering an increase in professional learning opportunities for IB teachers. These goals are based on the research that began in 2019 which now offers the IB the chance to renew, re-imagine and re-invigorate its 16+ programmes. You can read the report in its entirety here .
Attending the IB conferences are always interesting and invigorating and this morning someone asked me what my key takeaway was from the Dublin conference. Upon reflection I feel that this conference provided me with the opportunity to bridge the gap between the IB as an organisation and its human face. Conversations with IB staff and fellow attendees revealed the deep commitment and passion they share for students and that there is a collective dedication to nurturing students and continually enhancing their education journey. I feel lucky to be a part of that journey and I am excited to see the changes ahead.

Comments
Post a Comment