An International Education
Last Saturday we attended our ISA Graduation Ceremony in the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. As a school counsellor, I've had the privilege of attending many of our ISA Graduations. I've known some of the graduates since they were in kindergarten! I'm so proud of the students and their many academic accomplishments and acts of service at the International School Aberdeen.
My own children have graduated with their IB and High School Diplomas from ISA and I often tell people how lucky I feel to have IB graduates as a mother. IB students are thinkers, changers, global citizens. Both my children went on to UK universities and they have often commented on how the IB prepared them for their future studies, and for life beyond school.
Ms Garry, our graduation guest speaker this last Saturday, spoke about kindness to the graduating class. If nothing else, be kind. IB students learn kindness naturally through their CAS work which includes Creativity, Action, and Service. Ms Garry, who leads CAS, reminds us that learning also includes collaborating with others.
We are very lucky to be part of a learning community that nurtures kindness in a complex world.
Have a lovely summer.
Warm regards,
Valerie DeGraw
Comments
Post a Comment