Neurodiversity - are you keeping up with the latest information?
Siena Castellon, the founder of neurodiversity celebration week has said, “I founded Neurodiversity Celebration Week (in March) because I wanted to change the way learning differences are perceived. I wanted to change the narrative and create a balanced view which focuses equally on our talents and strengths.”
For Parents, Educators, and Employers: Understanding neurodiversity doesn’t have to be complicated. Take a look at nuerodiversity resources here. Respecting neurodiversity in our work and learning places can allow for vital talent, which we all benefit from.
For Students: At ISA we are developing UDL (Universal Design for Learning) which recognizes that all children have learning variability and in order to nurture maximum success we use multiple means of engagement, representation, and action. You can read all about the latest research about UDL here, a strengths based approach that allows for everyone to have the opportunity to grow and thrive.
I hope you enjoy learning more about neurodiversity this next month!
Warm regards,
Valerie DeGraw
Comments
Post a Comment