Bucket Filling and Acts of Kindness
If you have been the recipient of an act of kindness, you will know that the feeling is contagious. We know that acts of kindness are twofold, the recipient feels better, and so does the giver - it's backed by science!
I enjoyed visiting 3rd grade this week to talk about the topic of bucket filling, based on Carol McCloud's picture book, 'Have you filled a bucket today?' Bucket filling is a visual for 'filling' each others buckets with acts of kindness.
We'll be doing some activities around this in 3rd grade - I look forward to hearing all about the children's bucket filling over the coming weeks.
You might also enjoy reading about rewind and be kind, an article from the Guardian that shares details about one person's journey of discovering resilience through kindness. I was the recipient of an incredible act of kindness in London recently, it was such a delight to receive unexpected kindness!
Have a lovely and 'kind' weekend,
Warm regards,
Valerie DeGraw
School Counsellor

Comments
Post a Comment