7 Habits of Happy Kids
I enjoyed meeting with some of the 6th grade students this week to talk about the The 7 Habits of Happy Kids during our breakfast bunch time. One of the habits we focused on was Sharpen the Saw, which is all about finding balance and taking care of ourselves. We talked about how important it is to exercise and pursue interests and hobbies - especially during this time of year.
Sean Covey, author of The 7 Habits of Happy Kids, has written several books founded in the principles of positive psychology and building on strengths. Here are The 7 Habits of Happy Kids:
I Choose My Best Attitude (Be Proactive)
I Know My Goal (Begin with the End in Mind)
I Prioritise (Put First Things First)
Let's Take Care of Each Other (Think Win-Win)
I Listen Carefully (Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood)
We're Stronger Together (Synergise)
I Take Care of Myself (Sharpen The Saw)
It was interesting to hear about the activities that the students are already participating in - sewing, fishing, football, acting, dancing, volleyball, gymnastics...ISA students are good at Sharpening the Saw with such varied interests and talents and I look forward to talking with more students about their activities. Don’t forget, our seasonal international Middle and High School basketball starts next week which is a great indoor winter sport and students can also join our community year round basketball. You can check details about Encore! after school sports, clubs, and activities here.
Have a lovely weekend.
Warm regards,
Valerie DeGraw
School Counsellor
Comments
Post a Comment